- Hidden Items
Men's Ministry at CLC exists to reach out, care for, and equip men in their journey of life, faith, and witness in Christ. Below are our guiding principles, and some current opportunities for Bible study, fitness, and fellowship.
For more information on Men's Ministry, contact Tom Vandergrift.
- CLC Men's Guiding Principles
The guiding principles for CLC Men's Ministry are:
- Encourage each man’s personal growth in scriptural knowledge as the basis for modeling Christ to others.
- Expand each man’s Christian community as a support system for men at all stages of life.
- Embolden men to thrive in the spiritual leadership of their families.
- Extend Christ to others in our churches, homes, neighborhoods, communities, and beyond.
CLC Men will carry out these principles by connecting existing ministries and fostering an environment where men are encouraged and supported to personally invite others to participate. CLC Men will create and offer a consistent cadence of welcoming experiences into which others can (and are) invited.
- Men's Bible Studies
The following Men's Bible studies, which usually meet during the week, are not meeting until further notice, due to the Stay-at-Home order.
- Choose from 6:30-7:30 AM or 9-10 AM
- Location: Fishers, Conference Room (across from kitchen)
- Fishers Men's Bible Study - Starting January 21 (through February 25), the Tuesday Morning Men’s Bible Studies will be led by Pastor Scott Giger. This 6-week study titled “Lutheran Contrasts” will focus on the topics of sinner/saint, law/gospel, and cross/glory. Ask a friend to join you!
- Facilitator: Lyn Grandt
- 6:30-7:30 am
- Location: Carmel, room 102
- GIFT (Guys In Faith Together) - Weekly men’s study walking through the books of the Bible. We are studying the Book of Acts.
- Leader: Pastor Max Murphy
SATURDAYS (2nd & 4th)
- 7:30-9 am
- Location: Carmel, room 101B
- Bibles & Bagels - This men’s Bible study and fellowship gathering includes open discussion of scripture or scripture-related topic chosen by the leader, as well as a time of prayer. No advanced preparation is required of the participants. While we ask everyone to provide a snack a couple times per year, being on the study leadership schedule and offering the prayers is voluntary. Feel free to join with us whenever you can! Contact Frank McMurry or Don Hawes.
- Leader: Varies
- F3: Fitness Classes for Men
Carmel: Northview Church, Carmel – east side parking lot (Hazel Dell & Main St)
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 5:30-6:15 am
- Saturdays, 7 am
Fishers: Brooks School Park parking lot (116th & Brooks School Road)
- Wednesday & Friday, 5:30-6:15 am
Zionsville: Zionsville Presbyterian Church parking lot (116th & Michigan Rd)
- Monday & Wednesday, 5:30-6:15 am
Broad Ripple: Panera Bread parking lot (N Keystone Ave & E 62nd St)
- Tuesday & Thursday, 6-6:45 am
What is F3?
F3 is a free workout open to all men of all abilities. F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. Workouts take place outside, rain or shine and are always peer-led. Several CLC men participate in these workouts.