"Next to the Word of God, music deserves the highest praise. No greater commendation than this can be found — at least not by us. After all, the gift of language combined with the gift of song was only given to man to let him know that he should praise God with both word and music, namely, by proclaiming [the Word of God] through music." ~ Martin Luther
Music Opportunities at Cornerstone
Quality music is an integral part of all of our worship services. We have Sanctuary choirs and children's music; groups like hand bells, brass, Chapel Winds, Wind Symphony, worship bands; and more. If you play an instrument or sing, see below for how you can glorify God with your musical abilities.
- Adult Choirs, Carmel & Fishers
The CLC Sanctuary Choirs at Carmel and Fishers offers opportunities for singers as young as High School Freshman to senior adults. Rehearsals start the week of Labor Day, and these choirs will sing 2 to 3 times per month in our traditional worship services. We are also providing several times for both choirs to sing together! If you enjoy raising your voice in song, we invite you to join us.
- Carmel Sanctuary Choir - Tuesdays, 7-8:30 pm
- Fishers Sanctuary Choir - Thursdays, 7-8:30 pm
- NEW! CLC Symphonic Choir (combined Carmel & Fishers Sanctuary Choirs) - Third Thursday of the month at our Carmel site, 7-8:30 pm
- Director: Josh Pedde / Assistant Director: Alicia Hamaker / Accompanist: Jess Brandt
- For more information e-mail Josh Pedde (click here to email)
Solos, duets, trios
Vocalists are always encouraged to share their God-given musical talents with the church in praise to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Contact: Josh Pedde (click here to email, or call 317.814.4252)
- Children's Choirs, Carmel & Fishers
CLC Children’s Music offers opportunities for children in Kindergarten-2nd grade, 3rd-5th grades, and now 6th-8th grades! Taught by highly-qualified staff, the children will have the opportunity to sing, play instruments, and discover and grow their gifts by meeting weekly to learn and serving in worship monthly.
Carmel Children's Choirs:
- Primary Choir (K-2) - Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Intermediate Choir (3-5) - Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm
- NEW! Youth Choir (6-8) - Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 pm
- Directors: Anna Moody, Josh Pedde, Lauren Southard
- For more information email Lauren Southard (click here to email)
Fishers Children's Choirs:
- Primary Choir (K-2) - Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 pm
- Intermediate Choir (3-5) - Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 pm
- NEW! Youth Choir (6-8) - Thursdays, 5:30-6:30 pm
- Directors: Alicia Hamaker, Josh Pedde
- For more information email Alicia Hamaker (click here to email)
- Instrumentals & Bells, Carmel & Fishers Traditional
For more information on any of the following, contact the director listed.
Whether you are an old hand at hand bells or interested in trying bells for the first time, you are welcome to join in the fun as we ring God's praises! We have hand bell choirs for adults and teens that meet at the Fishers and Carmel sites and rehearse during the school year.
- Celebration Ringers - Wednesdays, 6:30-7:45 pm, Sanctuary Balcony
- Director: Jess Brandt (click here to email).
- Alleluia Ringers - Wednesdays, 6-7 pm, Fishers Worship Center
- Director: Dan Calabrese (click here to email)
Brass players (Junior High through Adult) who are proficient in their instrument (trumpet, trombone, French horn, tuba, flugelhorn) are invited to participate in the Brass Choir.
- Thursdays, 7-8 pm, Carmel Site Choir Room
- Director: Rhod Fitzpatrick (click here to email)
Chapel Winds is a woodwind quintet which participates in worship services at Cornerstone Lutheran Church and is available for weddings and other events. They perform in the Sanctuary at various times throughout the year.
- For a rehearsal schedule, contact Director Kathy Williams (click here to email)
This group of instrumentalists is comprised of players ages junior high through adults. They perform in the Carmel Sanctuary at various times throughout the year.
- For a rehearsal schedule, contact director Jess Brandt (click here to email).
Solos, duets, trios
Individuals and small musical groups are always encouraged to share their God-given musical talents with the church in praise to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Instrumentalists are always welcome, and especially needed in the summer, to provide special music for the Sanctuary when the choir is on break.
- Worship Band, Carmel & Fishers Contemporary Services
Contemporary worship services at Cornerstone Lutheran make use of today's dynamic contemporary music while staying faithful to the Lutheran tradition. Music is led by the Worship Band (consisting of vocalists, guitars, percussion, piano, and other instruments as needed). Musicians are scheduled on a rotational basis, and that weekend's band plays at all three services.
- Fine Arts Academy
The Fine Arts Academy (FAA) is a week-long summer day camp (9 am-3:30 pm) in June at the Carmel site where faith and creativity connect. FAA is open to all youth who have completed Kindergarten through Grade 8.