"Next to the Word of God, music deserves the highest praise. No greater commendation than this can be found — at least not by us. After all, the gift of language combined with the gift of song was only given to man to let him know that he should praise God with both word and music, namely, by proclaiming [the Word of God] through music." ~ Martin Luther
Music Opportunities at Cornerstone
Quality music is an integral part of all of our worship services. We have Sanctuary choirs and children's music; groups like hand bells, brass, Chapel Winds, Wind Symphony, worship bands; and more. If you play an instrument or sing, see below for how you can glorify God with your musical abilities.
- Adult Choirs, Carmel & Fishers
The CLC Sanctuary Choirs at Carmel and Fishers offers opportunities for singers as young as High School Freshman to senior adults. Rehearsals start the week of Labor Day, and these choirs will sing 1 to 2 times per month in our traditional worship services. We are also providing several times for both choirs to sing together! If you enjoy raising your voice in song, we invite you to join us.
- Carmel Sanctuary Choir - Tuesdays, 7-8:30 pm (Director: Josh Pedde; Assistant Director: Alicia Brown; Accompanist: Jess Brandt)
- Fishers Sanctuary Choir - Thursdays, 7-8:30 pm (Director & Accompanist: Sarah May; Assistant Director: Alicia Brown)
- CLC Symphonic Choir (combined Carmel & Fishers Sanctuary Choirs) - Third Thursday of the month at our Carmel site, 7-8:30 pm
- For more information e-mail Josh Pedde (click here to email)
Solos, duets, trios
Vocalists are always encouraged to share their God-given musical talents with the church in praise to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Contact: Josh Pedde (click here to email, or call 317.814.4252)
- Children's Choirs, Carmel & Fishers
Carmel Children's Choir
The Carmel Children’s Choir meets Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 PM, starting the week of Labor Day, and continuing through May. We meet in two separate groups for grades K-2 and 3-5. Middle school students in grades 6-8 should also contact us so that we can offer a middle school group if there is enough interest. Our directors are Mrs. Lauren Southard and Mrs. Anna Moody.
- Primary Choir (K-2) - Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Intermediate Choir (3-5) - Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Youth Choir (6-8) - TBD
- Directors: Anna Moody & Lauren Southard
- For more information and to sign up your child, email Lauren Southard (click here to email)
Fishers Children's Choir
The Fishers Children’s Choir meets on Thursdays, starting the week of Labor Day, and continuing through May. They sing at one service a month. Singers who are in grades K-4 will meet from 5:30-6:15 PM and singers in grades 5-8 will meet from 6:00-6:45 PM. This will allow our older singers to continue to grow while still having a time of fellowship with each other.
- Elementary Choir (K-4) - Thursdays, 5:30-6:15 PM
- Youth Choir (5-8) - Thursdays, 6-6:45 PM
- Director: Alicia Brown
- For more information, and to sign up your child, email Alicia Brown (click here to email)
- Hand Bells & Instrumentalists, Carmel & Fishers Traditional
For more information on any of the following, contact the director listed.
Whether you are an old hand at hand bells or interested in trying bells for the first time, you are welcome to join in the fun as we ring God's praises! We have hand bell choirs for adults and teens that meet at the Fishers and Carmel sites and rehearse during the school year.
- Celebration Ringers - Wednesdays, 6:30-7:45 PM, Sanctuary Balcony
- Director: Jess Brandt (click here to email).
- Alleluia Ringers - Thursdays, 6-7 PM, Fishers Worship Center
- Director: Sarah May (click here to email)
CLC Brass, Carmel
Brass players (Junior High through Adult) who are proficient in their instrument (trumpet, trombone, French horn, tuba, flugelhorn) are invited to participate in the Brass Choir.
- Thursdays, 7:30-8:30 PM, Choir Room
- Director: Rhod Fitzpatrick (click here to email)
Chapel Winds is a woodwind quintet which participates in worship services at Cornerstone Lutheran Church and is available for weddings and other events. They perform in the Sanctuary at various times throughout the year.
- For a rehearsal schedule, contact Director Kathy Williams (click here to email)
This group of instrumentalists is comprised of players ages junior high through adults. They perform in the Carmel Sanctuary at various times throughout the year.
- For a rehearsal schedule, contact director Jess Brandt (click here to email).
Solos, duets, trios
Individuals and small musical groups are always encouraged to share their God-given musical talents with the church in praise to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Instrumentalists are always welcome, and especially needed in the summer, to provide special music for the Sanctuary when the choir is on break.
- Worship Band, Carmel & Fishers Contemporary
Contemporary worship services at Cornerstone Lutheran make use of today's dynamic contemporary music while staying faithful to the Lutheran tradition. Music is led by the Worship Band (consisting of vocalists, guitars, percussion, piano, and other instruments as needed). Musicians are scheduled on a rotational basis, and that weekend's band plays at all three services.
- Fine Arts Academy
The Fine Arts Academy (FAA) is a week-long summer day camp (9 am-3:30 pm) in June at the Carmel site where faith and creativity connect. FAA is open to all youth who have completed Kindergarten through Grade 8.