Cornerstone Lutheran Church is proud to partner with the following community organizations, and encourages you to get involved! Whether you enjoy being behind the scenes or out in front, working with youth & children or the homeless, you'll find that opportunity to serve and share the love of Jesus that's just right for you.
Explore current opportunities
- The Little Timmy Project (for new moms & babies)
CLC's community partner, The Little Timmy Project has recently established "The Little Mom Shop" at CLC Indy and so far has helped over 60 new and expecting mothers get diapers, formula, clothing, and all sorts of necessary items. Here are some ways you can help:
- Contribute needed items Sundays 12:30-3:30 pm at CLC Indy OR the first Tuesday of every month, 9 am-12 pm, at CLC Fishers.
- Volunteer for collection, shopping, or deliveries. We're especially looking for CLC volunteers on Sundays.
- Donate funds or items from their Amazon wish list.
Contact Pastor Jason Taber (click here to email) with questions.
Want to find out more about The Little Timmy Project? Watch this video!
- Westminster Food Pantry
On the fourth Saturday of every month from 8:30 am to noon, Cornerstone disciples will have the opportunity to help at the Westminster Food Pantry (2325 E New York St, Indianapolis). Westminster is one of our strongest community organizations in the downtown Indianapolis area, so this is a great chance to support our CLC Indy neighbors through serving and getting to know them better.
We’re hoping for a group of disciples who can serve regularly in order to build relationships with the clients. You'll be helping our neighbors and advancing the ministry of CLC Indy at the same time! If you can help, please let Pastor Jason know ( ).
- Wheeler Mission
CLC partners with Wheeler Mission in several ways, including offering overflow shelter in the winter months at CLC Indy and collecting donations when major needs arise. Click here to find out Wheeler's current needs.
- Support the Blue
Writing letters showing appreciation to our police is an ongoing project at Cornerstone. We want to continue to show our support to the men and women in “blue” who serve our communities.
Your message will be posted on the precinct’s bulletin board for all to read. Feel free to sign your name, or you can remain anonymous by simply signing “Cornerstone Lutheran Church Disciple” or “Resident of” Carmel, Fishers, or Indianapolis. Write to:
- Carmel Police Department, 3 Civic Square, Carmel, IN 46032
- Fishers Police Department, 4 Municipal Dr., Fishers, IN 46037
- Indianapolis Police Department East District, 201 N. Shadeland Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46219
Letters are appreciated throughout the year so keep sending them! Thank you for "Supporting the Blue".
- Kroger Rewards: When You Shop, You Give!
CLC is using funds raised through the Kroger Community Rewards program to support local food pantries. You just shop at Kroger, scan your Kroger Plus Card, and a portion of your total is given to CLC. So, in other words, when you shop for your family’s food, you’re also giving food to others!
Our number of households is steady at around 285, but our Rewards dollars have declined as there are more organizations taking advantage of the program. Help us increase our Rewards by signing up and shopping at Kroger. Go to Kroger.com/communityrewards and let CLC benefit from your grocery shopping!
Since our involvement in this program began in 2016, we have raised nearly $22,000! Some of the ways we’ve used these funds include:
- Contributing food and household items every month to the Emerson Avenue Baptist Church food pantry.
- Donating small gift items to the Christmas Shop at the ICAN food pantry at Downey Ave Christian Church.
- Sponsoring a joint CLC and Hoosier Veterans and Families (HVAF) bike team in 2019 for the 2nd annual Irvy 500 Bike-a-Thon to benefit ICAN services.